Old April 12th 21, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Raul Boerner

Default TOST Disc Brake Conversion Kit for LS4 through LS8

On Monday, April 12, 2021 at 8:13:03 AM UTC-6, david.k...gmail.com wrote:
I ended up getting a Beringer kit instead of the Tost kit so I'll be interested to see if there's a big difference installation wise. Would you be able to send photos of your installation to me just as a reference? I think I'll have to solve the same problem of where to install the brake cylinder, and since your fuselage is the same as the 6, I figure I might copy your idea.

david.krautter at Gmail

David,

I did the Beringer conversion on my LS6-b. Have you seen the video of the slow-rolling crash into bushes, somewhere south of Hanover, Germany? My brakes no longer make that same squeaking do-nothing sound, heard on that video.. As for the conversion, the LS6 cockpit is slightly different; the instruction photos show an LS4. I had to mount the master cylinder on the left side (beneath the seat pan), about the location under my left knee.

And wow, the brakes work BEAUTIFULLY.

Raul Boerner