Old January 31st 04, 01:20 PM
GeorgeB

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:07:01 GMT, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

Follow the numbering on the connector, you won't go wrong.

Easy for you youngsters to say...I could tell there were numbers there, but
wasn't completely sure what each one said. Amazing how a computer will go
down to 4 point text, yet they're able to put 2-point on a piece of
physical hardware. Guess I'll have to set up my solder station next to my
big magnifier/lamp combo.

Your only issue is identifying one pin on one end. They run 1-13 on
the "long" row, then 14-25 on the short row, with 1 and 14 on the same
end; 14 "between" 1 and 2.

Mark the pin 1 end with your wife's fingernail polish (not on the pin
itselfg) and all you have is a counting exercise.

You might want your magnifying glass to solder ... even with a good
iron, it is awfully easy to melt the ones you have completed ...
excersize care. A remelted joint has a nasty habit of becoming a
"cold" joint.

Yes, heat shrink each one ... and not shrinking while you are working
is a problem.

George