Old August 11th 04, 11:57 PM
Peter Duniho

"Jim Cummiskey" wrote in message
[...] So, let me restate: Where does it
unequivocally state that being on the extended center line is a

requirement
for a "straight-in" VFR approach?

You were told to report "5 mile final". Regardless of what you think a
"straight-in approach is" (and frankly, I find your equivocating on that
point mind boggling...I never saw a straight line that had a 30 degree bend
in it), a "5 mile final" is *only* a point on the runway's extended
centerline 5 miles out. There is no ambiguity.

Your continued defensiveness on the question definitely causes me to
question your interpretation of the controllers communication to you as
well. You are obviously sore about the incident, and are trying very hard
to come out as the person in the right, in spite of considerable clear
evidence to the contrary.

Pete