Old June 19th 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RST Engineering

Default Immediate Action Items Checklist

Better not have been. I vacated the airlines when I graduated and went into
the space program and the first 737 had yet to be delivered to my airline in
the late 1967s, as I vaguely recall. I could be wrong.

Funny, back in the '60s I'd send students on cross-countries to SNA (now
John Wayne) without a thought of it. Nowadays I'd be nuts to do that.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

No wonder I kept getting lost on that damned freeway system!!! ggg
You are absolutely right of course and I operated out of LGB for years
and out of SNA for as many more. In fact, I started flying out of SNA
back in the mid 50's and worked the SoCal area for at least 20+ years.
The airplane was the old Western Airlines group and I think the
incident was about ....geeeezz '63-64? sometime in the 60's anyway....