Old September 18th 08, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl[_2_]

Default Engine vibration with advanced ignition.

Been flying my canard for a few years now - it has a Franklin 6-350
engine and LSE dual ignition. I often noticed a slightly extra engine
vibs in the 2500-2700RPM range (maybe its my imagination) and I used
to fly it 2400rpm or less. All this time I had the ignition advanced
probably an extra 5 degrees to get a little more power. Recently I
changed the plugs on it and at same retarded the ignition to standard
recommended TDC setting. Now it seems the engine is more uniformly
smooth in the whole range. Did two test flights.

Can extra advance add to engine vibs? Any A&Ps out there?
SQ2000 Canard http://www.abri.com/sq2000