Old March 6th 04, 05:32 PM
Tarver Engineering

"John R Weiss" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote...

So far the GPS/Data link combination has performed at less than

expected
levels. I havn't seen anything good about the Navy plan to replace

TACAN
with GPS/Data link and FAA just killed the LAAS landing system.

How is a proposed GPS/Data link landing system related to the current

JDAM
or its proposed seeker?

As the rest of the thread up to this point indicates, there is a desire

redirect a GPS guided munition post launch. The means to reprogram the
munition would require some data link.

Actually, data link is NOT a hard requirement. There have been several
initiatives in work for many years on autonomous terminal seekers -- TLAM

is one
significant example, though it may not have used GPS. I worked with some
relevant JSOW (then AIWS) P3I proposals at TI and a couple other places

back in
'90 and '91.

Irrelevent.

GPS with FOG does all that already.