Old July 29th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
borntoglide

Default FAA Commercial Glider License Questions

Does anyone know if an FAA Commercial Glider License is an ICAO
recognized license?
If so does anyone know where this is written down. I have searched the
ICAO website but cannot find a list of recognized licenses from each
country.

On another note if I wanted to do an FAA CPL Glider, coming from the
UK, would I need to get TSA approval (as for all other flight
training)?
What is invloved i.e what training/etc? I have around 180 hours and a
silver C.
Does anyone know any schools which they would recommend?
How long is it likely to take? would it be possible during a 2 week
holiday

Thanks