Old July 22nd 04, 11:09 AM
Maik

PA34 F-GFTF wrote:

"Mike Adams" wrote in message
news:Z3HLc.43796$ve2.15214@okepread05...

What's the latest thinking on the GNS-430 vs. the CNX80? I'm planning a
panel upgrade and have read all the magazine articles, including the
comparison in Aviation Consumer, but it would be interesting to hear from
some actual users on how they compare. It seems the general impression is
that the CNX80 is more capable (WAAS, airways in the database, etc.), but
may be a little harder to use for the VFR and light IFR user.

After investigating and trying the simulators provided by Garmin (to
download from the website), I came to this same conclusion. I decided to go
for the CNX80 as I plan "serious" IFR activity, and then discovered that
CNX80 is apparently not certified in France for IFR.

This will change... I'm sure.

That's surprising, as CNX80 was certified before the 430/530 in US, but it
leaves me little choice.