Old February 10th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

.

I'm surprised that the pilot believes he is alive today because of the
parachute. The aircraft doesn't look severely damaged; the control
surfaces
are in place. What would have prevented him from gliding to a landing?

While I have no problem with pilots saving themselves with a parachute if
they
wish to do so, it seems like this one at least gave up pretty quickly.
And
how did he manage not to see the other aicraft? The weather certainly
looked
clear.

NOTICE!!!!
Mxsmanic is NOT a pilot, has NEVER flown an aircraft and is NOT qualified
issue competent information regarding any aspect of the operation of any
aircraft.

Gets old doesn't it...

DW