Old June 29th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Victor Bravo

Default Another Cessna 210A at auction, 40 SMOH engine and acc'ys

On Jun 27, 12:41 pm, John Godwin wrote:

I wouldn't be so general in your condemnation of Part 135 Used Airplanes.
I purchased a Part 135 Piper Lance and after a through pre-purchase
inspection, there were very few minor squawks and the overall condion was
very good.

Thank you, gentlemen... I appreciate the action on this topic. I
indeed do have a BS meter, and it does occasionally peg out, but I
wasn't BS'ing in this instance.

Bat, whomever you may be from my past or present, thanks But let
'em take their best shot... my balls have Kevlar leading edges.

Jack kept and maintained this 210 in good condition. Most of the smart-
asses in these waters may not know that there are several kinds of 135
operations, not all of them are 18 year old pilots with 200 hours PIC
running bank checks in clapped out Cherokees with 10K hours and no
maintenance. This one was running small parcels of nuclear medicine on
straight cruises between LA and SFO at normal cruise power.

Now I ask you... would you rather have that kind of 135 airplane, or a
Part 91 airplane that was rented out to every Tom, Dick and Harriet
who walked in the front door of a 'can't pay the bills this month'
FBO ?

As I said, this airplane was a fairly good one. I agree that the AOPA
appraisal (or the trade-e-plane asking price, etc.) is not always the
market reality. That's why you put things like this on ebay in the
first place, my dear neurosurgeons !

What gets me chuckling is the way that many of the peanut-gallery
pundits scream bloody murder at someone else's asking price, but then
when THEY sell their airplane it's made out of solid gold

OK, kiddies, I have another ebay airplane auction up now. It's a
reasonably nice, flyable (but major damage history) 172, and I will be
re-listing the other 210 of Jack's that did not meet the reserve the
first time within a couple of days.

Also, since there are Part 135 experts that are lurking these waters,
we will be selling the Medical Transport business itself, which
includes the 135 certificate, soon as well. Anyone who is interested
in a 135 business (single pilot, single engine, cargo) feel free to
contact me victorbravo (at} sbcglobal -dottt) net