Old July 16th 07, 04:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron Monroe

Default yc14_01.jpg

That is what a NASA engineer told me too. I spoke to him during an SAE
conference several years ago. NASA was involved in the analization of both
the YC-14 and YC-15. During takeoff and landing, symetrical lift is
critical. This engine out scenario contributed to McDonnel's "winning" the
competition, although there was no production contract. The design
requirements changed, and the designs were recompeted with an aircraft large
enough to carry an M-1 tank. This led to the C-17. Boeing's entry was a 3
engine variant of the YC-14.
Ron

"Guybrush Threepwood" wrote in message
Isn't that a little dangerous in the "one engine off" case?

David Powell wrote:
it was called the "coda" effect high lift and take off at 100 feet...
"Oviedo" wrote in message
. ..

"Bruce R" wrote in message

"Troy24" wrote in message

So where is the exhanust from the engines vented to?? Must be
bloody noisy
in the cabin too eh??

Bruce R

Over the top of the wings