Old September 15th 18, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Tinted canopies

It depends on where you fly. In the parts of the world with high UV and strong watts/meter squared flux I would get blue or solar gray. Most of Poland is very far north and not that hot, so a clear canopy is tolerable there.. I have not seen any difference in ability to see weather or ground conditions with different canopy tints. The sunglasses you wear has a much greater impact. In very hot and strong sunlight locations the tint of the canopy makes a huge difference in cockpit temperature and pilot comfort.