Old September 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Al Marzo

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 06:06:10 -0500, N. Shane
wrote:

Caution to those pondering a zero-choke re-man by this company.

My O-470J lasted 200 hours before four cylinders showed mid-fifties
compression with Blackstone labs reporting symptoms of excessive ring
wear.

Even after admitting, view phone, that the test-stand results were
abnormal, Ney himself refused to stand behind the engine, on the
grounds that the plane's former owner -- his customer -- made him use
reconditioned cylinders.

So I guess he's saying that he can't build an engine unless he has new
TCM or Millennium cylinders. Sure was able to sign the logs and take
the money, wasn't he? And what's wrong with reconditioned cylinders?
Ever notice the crap that comes out of the continental factory?