Old September 20th 03, 05:49 AM
Brian Burger

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Tim Bengtson wrote:

Corky Scott wrote:

A great first-flight-with-wife story (Thanks!)

She told me she didn't want to be close to the controls
and didn't want to touch them.

I find that there are two types of passengers: those who won't touch
the controls under any circumstances whatsoever, and those who you
practically have to break their arms to get the yoke back when landing.
Curious.

There is (sort of) a third type: the front-seat passenger who isn't
handling the yoke but does mess with the rudder pedals! Worst I've had so
far is a friend & I in a 152; as I started maneuvering for the approach to
land I realized that he'd locked his legs against the rudder pedals so I
couldn't use them at all... A quick shove on his thigh got that sorted,
but we talked about leaving the controls free before flying home...

If I ever take that friend flying again, he's going in the back seat of a
172, where he can be as nervous as he likes without locking my controls!

Brian - PP-ASEL/Night -
- ~170hrs TT -