Old December 11th 03, 12:47 AM
Jay Honeck

Alas, Orville and Wilbur Wright are today pigeon-holed as "dead white
males" whom we are supposed to ignore, if not deplore.

An adjunct to this theory: Today, while Christmas shopping for my kids,
nephews & nieces, I was amazed and saddened to find not a SINGLE toy
airplane for sale in K-Mart's expanded toy section.

Well, they DID have a single, lonely (but nifty) radio-controlled plane for
sale, but that was *it*. No World War II fighters, no modern jets, not
even an airport play-set for toddlers! Given that the importance of this
year, I would have expected at least one or two "Wright Brothers" toys.

Heck, we couldn't even find the usually ubiquitous little die-cast toys...

Not that K-Mart is indicative of the entire marketplace, but IMHO this
doesn't bode well for the future of general aviation. When kids stop
playing with airplanes, they stop dreaming about flying... :-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
Liberals HATE America wrote:

The author is sadly misinformed. I couldn't care less about "white" or
"male". However, "dead" is a Bad Thing. I certainly expend a serious
amount of effort to avoid this label myself, and I never take advice given
to me by people to whom this label applies...at least advice provided

since
the label's application.

In fact, it can be safely stated that I avoid any conversation at all with
people to whom this label applies. If I were to see one of these people
walking along the street, I'd be sure to walk on the other side - or
perhaps accelerate in the opposite direction.

Does that make me a liberal?

- Andrew