Old September 22nd 05, 11:11 PM
John Doe

Default aviation helping people get out of the Houston Area ?

How is the aviation industry, both commercial and GA helping people get out
of the Houston area?

Have airlines surgered flights and changed to larger airplanes to get more
people out of the airports that are waiting in line? I'd expect to see
nothing but the largest aircraft on the ramp loading as many people as they
can carry.

Are there airports where GA can fly in to help get people out? I've read
reports of the help GA has been able to provide AFTER Katrina hit, but what
about helping people get out BEFORE the storm?

Seems like our evacuation plans are extremely primitive leaving it up to the
individual to get himself out of the area and not providing many additional
resources to assist.