Old September 5th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Kobra

Default Landing Brookhaven MS - Video

wrote in message
Startup, runup, take off enroute and landing at 1R7 Brookhaven MS and
landing KMBO Madison MS

Text overlays on what I am doing for startup, runup and listening to
AWOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7f3DTmQOO8

Some questions and suggestions.

Does your camera have an input for an external mic. Mine does (Canon HG10).
I use a condenser mic (tie-clip mic) and put it inside a Bose X headset that
I rubber band closed nice and tight and I plug the Bose X into the backseat
jack for sound only, I do not plug the Bose X mic cord in. I have to
disable the auto-shut-off so the Bose stays on else the ANR cuts off.

This gives a great quiet cockpit with clear communications heard with ATC
and the intercom.

How did you stabilize the camera? Did you use a tripod or just duct tape it
on the glareshield?

Do you use a wide-angle lens?

Why don't you take the prop balance sticker off? It's not necessary any
more and it keeps the viewer's eye from being distracted by the flashing
white square going by.

I don't know why your prop is so visible. Mine doesn't do this. It looks
in the video just as my eye sees it. Maybe your frame rate is too low? Can
you increase any settings to get a faster frame rate?

Happy flying and video making!

Kobra