Old December 6th 03, 07:04 PM
Tom Jackson

Waypoints along a route, towers, etc. (slightly out of date)
http://131.238.38.204/~sarangan/avia...min/index.html
More updated information, world-wide, no obstructions, GPX format, which may
need to be converted to a format for your import/export software (see
Topographix website): http://navaid.com/GPX/
FAA GeoTIFF sectionals: http://aviationtoolbox.org/raw_data/FAA_sectionals/
Oziexplorer: www.oziexplorer.com

"Gerald Sylvester" wrote in message
nk.net...
However, using any one of many on-line sources for generating
airport/navaid/obstruction waypoints, and other software to upload these

the unit, I now have a very nice unit. It shows all of the airports

within
a 200 mile radius (indicated by an airplane symbol,) all of the VOR's,

and
all of the towers 1,000' AGL (indicated by a tower symbol.) The unit

is
limited to 500 of these user-defined waypoints, but if I decide to take

longer trip, I can easily go to a website and generate waypoints for the
route and upload these instead of the 200 mile radius ones.

which website do you use? Do you happen to have a list of
websites that offer these waypoints?

thanks

Gerald Sylvester