Old October 20th 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve L.[_1_]

Default Have you flown "on top"?

I'm just curious how many of you have flown on top? Either way, why or why
not?

I did it once in a plane, but that scared me quite a bit, especially
when you saw - on hilly terrain - some antenna-tops or windmill blades
cutting through (they did spin, cool!).

I don't like it at all. But it is a bit like flying at night. Good
landings are quite impossible. Just hope - one can't avoid it if its a
job.

wisecracking mode
You surely meant "over the top" (talking about VFR). "On top" is IFR.
This was surprising for me when I did my IFR.
Everybody talkes about "on top" but always means "over the top". The
latter I had never heard before learning IFR.
/wisecracking mode