Old July 2nd 03, 08:06 PM
Dan Luke

"Michael" wrote:

Yeah, that's about the size of it. Unfortunately, you seem unwilling
or unable to do your own maintenance. That makes it harder.

I do some. Mechanical work is a real struggle for me because I have limited
use of my right hand. Most of my work is done by a couple of friends who are
A&P's. I help as much as they'll let me. In the case of the governor, I
decided not pull it and send it away until it does it again.

Quite frankly, I can't
remember the last time I dropped my plane off at the shop (any shop)
to have something done and then didn't have to fix something the
mechanic screwed up.

Especially avionics work. Bulls in a china shop ain't in it with avionics
techs.

Normally,
there are maybe 6 column inches of PA-30's in TAP. This issue, there
are two full columns and then some. Nobody is buying.

The PA-30 is the favored twin engine mount of the airline captain.
Given what's happening in the airlines now, the market for those may
never recover.

I'm scared to even have my airplane appraised - why seek depressing news?
This too shall pass, though.
I've just about decided that I'm going to sell this airplane sometime in the
next couple of years. Van's new 4-place model looks very interesting and
I've got other RV builders around here to help.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM