Old July 5th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rich S.[_1_]

Default Standards for H.P. corr. factors ??

"Morgans" wrote in message

Time for someone to trot out the GM stress test for new engines.

It makes the FAA tests look like a walk in the park.

Anyone got a copy of that handy?

No, but I remember one test for the Chevy 350 V-8. They were trying to run
the test in the greater Los Angeles area and couldn't pass. It turned out
the intake air was more polluted than the specs for the exhaust emissions.

They had to move the laboratory out to some dry lake east of L.A. to run the
test. It passed. The exhaust was more pollution-free than the air in L.A.

Urban legend? I dunno, but I flew over L.A. in the 60's and had less than a
mile visibility on a clear day.

Rich S.