Old July 9th 05, 11:19 PM
SR20GOER

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Greg Copeland" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:37:32 -0700, M wrote:

One, the price we pay per barrel has zero to do with its availability.
The
price we pay is basically a speculative futures price based on
estimates of what the market will bare. Fact is, oil companies around
the
world are making record profits.

Two, there is now more known oil in the world than there has ever been in
the history of mankind.

Quite...and right now, a surplus is being generated. Where the surplus is
going is into storage and reserves.

Funny you say that. Here in Oz the Arabs always seem to raise their oil
prices just in time for school holidays, holiday weekends, and so on. Some
would suggest profiteering by the oil companies but our Government watchdog
can never find proof, as the Govt creams a fortune in taxes on the fuel
sales.
Brian