Old September 8th 04, 04:19 AM
Bruce A. Frank

BUT, though I like retreads the sidewalls have already received a
lifetimes worth of UV exposure. On planes that sit a lot the natural
sidewall checking gets worse and worse and can eventually crack through
the cord. If you fly a lot and go through a pair of tires in a year it
can be a good investment. If the plane wears tires out every 5 years the
retread might not be a good investment.

rip wrote:

You might contact Desser Tire about retreads. A retread generally has
thicker treads, and can use a harder rubber compound. Cheaper, too.

Doug wrote:
I need some 5.50 tires and I want Loooong wearing, as the labor is
high. Don't care much about price of the tire. Any suggestions?

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"