Old August 29th 03, 12:23 AM
Hankal

If you don't have that capability, then you really have to stay visual
at all times - and thus the question of "Why are you filing IFR if you
can't enter clouds?" becomes very valid.

I do not have my 172 with any kind of weather or TS capability.
However I have been on some CX and storms have formed. I always have been
granted to change course. Here in South Florida we can leave when the weather
is very nice and an hour later TS have formed.
Most pilots state that we in Florida do not have IFR weather.
Hank