Old October 6th 03, 05:55 AM
Jim

Look he
news:sci.engr.joining.welding for all kinds of good tips.

Also check your local welding supply. Reps from both Miller and Lincoln
often have demonstrations at the stores for prospective customers. Sometimes
just watching a pro helps you to find the click. Just an example, I laid
1000 bricks once and not one was done right or well. I then went to a
jobsite where they were building a store and watched for 10 minutes. Then
went home and tried it. Several course laid perfectly in a lot less time
than before and every brick was right on. Welding is not as easy but it
works the same just to see what is happening.

just an opinion mindya
Jim

"Russell Duffy" wrote in message
. ..
This past summer I
taught myself to weld aluminum with the machine and I found it to be
less of a challenge than I had been led to believe over the years.
There is just no substitute for practice.

Del Rawlins-

Thanks for the comments. I don't really have much experience with OA, but

don't think that's going to be a problem with learning TIG. So far, I've
had far better success than I imagined, but I'd still like to find a good
video for any tips that I could pick up.

Thanks,
Rusty