Old December 7th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Ross

Default Reflections on a year of aircraft ownership

Mark wrote:
On Dec 4, 3:49 pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 12/4/2009 10:39 AM, Mark wrote:

On Dec 4, 1:03 pm, Ross wrote:
You made a comment about depreciation. Mine did not depreciate. I sold
it this year and even in a down economy I sold it for almost twice what
I bought it for. Not bad. Like I said, it got a OH engine, and during
the time all avionics were OH and I did add a IFR GPS. (No, not any
fancy Garmin item)
I wish I still had it. D*** medical....
--
Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

LSA requires that you not have had an FAA medical revoked. One can
still fly Ultralights (as defined in Part 103), but the vehicles are
limited (single-seat, no more than 5 gallons of gas, no more than
254lbs, etc.).

This is specific to the U.S. Other countries have different regulations.

Thanks, I knew that, but then I wasn't sure if his
had been revoked or he'd just been inactive and knew
he wouldn't pass a new medical. I've run across a few
pilots who had to make a transition to LSA, which is
something I've had on my mind lately, i.e., buying an
Arion Lightning (138mph cruise), and knowing that I
can fly it for the next 25 years if I'm able.

---
Mark

I let mine expire.

--