Old August 22nd 04, 02:20 PM
BUFDRVR

Michael Wise wrote:

And he said in an interview 2-3 days ago (I'm sorry, but I can't
remember the source) that he always thought he had received the Bronze
Star for saving the mined boat and that he did not know the citation (as
well as the post op reports) stated that he had done so under fire.

That was not the impression I got from the interview and I doubt your version
of it simply because it's ridiculous. You are trying to say that a man just
realized what the text of his citation read after 35 years. The only way this
is possibe is if he were awarded the Bronze Star after seperating and received
it in the mail and never read the citation.

He's claiming the whole under fire thing for his citation is a current
surprise to him

That's not the impression I got from the ABC interview and it seems absurd no?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"