Old July 9th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
betwys1

Default How to Avoid Being Grounded.

On 7/8/2010 2:14 PM, a wrote:

We have this silly notion that actions should 'add value' to the
endeavor. That's how people who work for me keep their jobs and if the
value they add exceeds the costs as I measure them they get
rewarded. . Somehow the notion of adding value seems to be missing at
the regulatory level. The stock guy moving a can from a box to a shelf
in the supermarket is adding value, he is putting the can where we can
get it. Some federal regulations add value, but the other 95% of them
are giving the rest a bad name.

I did not add much value to this thread -- sorry.

I understand this position.

And taking the big view, if enterprises are allowed to take risks
unregulated, all that happens is that the tax payer gets a bill for $7
billion dollars, and peoples' retirement drops in the can.
The dollar loses value, big time.
No problem.

But if flight goes unregulated, people die outright, and we get upset.
So we sit still for REAL regulation of flight.

Brian W