Old September 14th 04, 03:00 AM
Robey Price

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, "Leslie
Swartz" confessed the following:

Not during a mandated drawdown they won't.

Nobody is claiming that...well except you now.

You have information on the manning document of the 111th FIS during
its conversion from Dueces to Voodoos? I have not seen what you're
addressing. Where can we find these documents? Who said their staffing
was "a mandated drawdown?" We'll agree that the Rated Sup was
commencing for the active duty guys, and controlled OERs were the
rage, but the 111th FIS was in the midst of converting to an RTU sqdn.
I suspect their manning document showed an increase in manpower.

Robey, why are you persisting in this?

Because I am skeptical of gwb [period]. I'm sincerely surprised that
the guy gets a "free pass" from aviators of his generation.

This is the wrong newsgroup to be playing fast and loose with stuff most of
us understand first hand.

What fast and loose? The guy got the benefit of dad's congressional
gig to get into a fighter cockpit with an alchohol related bust in
1966, and the freakin' bare minimum AFOQT score...then he stopped
flying after 22 months as a full up qualified F-102 pilot. Those are
facts.

Please, enlighten us all on how the ANG fills unfunded positions flying
fighter jets . . .

Quoi? Where was this RIF in the TX ANG you're suggesting (unfunded
positions)? There is no paperwork indicating the 111th FIS was losing
manpower (pilot slots)...they were converting. They spent the money to
train gwb (UPT and RTU) and the return on their investment was 22
months as an MR (or "Qualified" for the pedant) F-102 pilot. Four
years out of his 6 year OMS.

I honestly have no idea where this notion of "unfunded positions" is
coming from. As a unit converts a guy goes from being slotted from his
"old" F-102 slot to his "new" F-101 slot or perhaps in the case of the
TX ANG at the time T-33 or C-54 positions they had. Those
qualifications (T-33 or C-54) are noted on the aeronautical orders
published in the gwb related stuff I've referenced. The unit could
waive the minimum hours to convert or have him fly as a target pilot
until his time is up. He made no effort...he had no interest.

Regarding ANG hiring for positions...I got hired for a specific billet
in Sep 1990 only to have the NGB (National Guard Bureau) cut that
position a week before the UTA weekend. The unit turned around and
hired me for another specific position...without that I would not have
been picked up by the ANG. In that same unit, a 1Lt was FEB'd, lost
his flying slot and put into a support position rather than being cut
loose (it was a ****ing match of sorts, the unit got their service
obligation out of the Lt).

I suppose an argument can be made that gwb's superiors in the 111th
FIS were aware that he was not interested or that his personal life
made him less than welcome (but there is no documentation of that).
Why jettison the son of the congressman of your district? Hey because
you can.

Now if you're trying to say the 111th FIS was NOT interested in
keeping gwb...hey I might buy that. I actually like that. They got
"influenced" to take gwb; his pilot AFOQT was the minimum; UPT
performance was average; he wasn't anything special; folks noticed his
"give a ****" attitude; and the conversion to the F-101 was a
convenient way to wipe their hands of him. Sorry congressman, the
rules are the rules (this time) ours hands are tied, we can't keep
Junior. Plausible, logical...and deniable.

Hey...I do like that.

Robey