Old October 30th 05, 07:29 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Widower stabbed Air Traffic Controller?

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message

Hell no, it'd shake you Brian...here's a site for California.

http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/occguide/AIRCONTR.HTM

...and a snippet from that site...

WAGES, HOURS, AND FRINGE BENEFITS

Entry-level Air Traffic Controllers start at $24,734 per year at
the General Schedule-7 (GS-7). Journey-level wages for
controllers depend on the size and complexity of the facility
where they work. For example, for smaller towns in California
like Chico and Modesto, the rate at the journey-level is $33,320,
(GS-10); while, at the Sacramento airport, the journey-level pay
is $39,406 (GS-11). In busier airports, the pay can go as high
as $86,275 (GS-14). Top pay for journey-level Flight Service
Station Controllers is $61,401 (GS-12). Many controllers receive
additional pay to compensate for higher living costs in expensive
areas.

This is disgusting, when one thinks of their
responsibility...God! I make more than some of these guys and I'm
retired military...

That information looks to be about ten years old.