Old September 7th 03, 03:45 AM
Jim Thomas

Juvat wrote:

Didn't they have a rather short radius of action? (Can't recall seeing
a picture of one on "the boom" thinking they're like B-57s...no air
refueling capability...but I could be VERY wrong on that score)

Where were they doing this? (I know starting in Aug 66 the 6461st TRS
at Udorn in RF-4s was flying wx recce into RP-6 covering high and low
altitude then using their HF radios to relay the wx back to Udorn and
7th AF Hq)

From what I've read their Dets were rather small?

The F-102s I knew were out of Udorn, and were only a few aircraft.

Were you involved with the SAR on 3 Feb 68 when an F-102 was shotdown
by a MiG? Supposedly they were part of a SAR along the NVN-Laos
border.

Juvat

No, I left Udorn in November 1967. I hadn't heard about this SAR.

Jim Thomas