Old April 11th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
et

Default Intake plenum

On Apr 10, 6:26*pm, Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Peter Dohm wrote:
"cavelamb" ""cavelamb\"@ X earthlink.net" wrote in message
Come on, guys!
How hot do you think the intake air can be and still have the motor run???

I was really wondering about that as well--and also doubting the required
strength...

The air doesn't stick around long enough to GET hot...it's moving past
in a hurry. *However, the plenum is in direct mechanical contact with
the hot parts of the engine. *The airflow will help cool it, but
there're still parts in direct contact.

Ron Wanttaja

We're not talking about a composite heat muff? Are we? Surely,
we're talking about the part that directs air into the carb?

Ed