Old May 23rd 16, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring fly-in and BBQ at IYK, June 18th

Sierra Soaring Club is hosting our 2nd annual Reverse OLC “Contest” and BBQ at 6 pm on Saturday, June 18 (alternate 1 week later on the 25th).

Launch at an airport of your choice (including IYK), then fly your best OLC distance planning to arrive at IYK around 6pm for grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, dessert and soft drinks.

Last year our entertainment was watching “Cloudstreet: Soaring the American West.” This year we will likely watch another similar Soaring movie once the sun goes down.

Spend the night and fly home on Sunday (SSA membership required to receive a tow).

Please RSVP to sierrasoaringclub (at gmail) so we can be sure not to run out of food.

Last year we had two fly in from Truckee and one from Jean. It would be great to see more pilots fly in from other sites.