Old October 18th 18, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PGS

Default Greatful for this group

On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 11:11:02 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
A few nights ago I stumbled into a conversation on FB Tail Draggers Unit. The question was as simple as it gets: Airspeed, controlled by power or pitch?

I still remember being asked that question by the DPE that gave me my power CFI check ride back in the late 70"s. I had been prepped by someone that new this guy wanted to hear "power", so I said "power". He was very ecstatic that I gave the "right answer" and said of course, just try sitting on the end of the runway and move the elevator all you want and you won't go anywhere. I wanted to (and did) pass my check ride so I never mentioned gliders :-)