Old October 7th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Microair 760 was: ICOM IC-A14 Handheld Radio

I'm still using a Microair 760 purchased from Tim back in 2000. It
went back to Oz once, or maybe twice. But for the past several years,
it's been great. One big improvement wasn't made to the radio, but to
the panel wiring. I took the glider to a local avionics shop where
they ripped out the "Radio Shack" wires and connectors that I had used
and installed the proper wiring, using the "Tefzel" (sp?) white
cables. When I bought the radio, I also bought the Microair boom mic
and the somewhat expensive PTT from Tim. Pilots say the transmissions
sound good.

I would buy another Microair, but I don't see that I'll need another
radio.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA