Old March 10th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Ibby writes:

Most of these ppl on here 'have got it in for MSFS' because of your
continual 'I know best attitude' and lack of full and detailed

No. Pilots who engage in knee-jerk dismissals of simulation were doing
that
long before I was around. I've seen it frequently in conversations in
which I
didn't even participate. Some pilots are just very insecure about
anything
that might diminish the prestige they believe that real flying has.

Dudley Henriques is a real pilot too and offers his
techical knowledge to software vendors as far as I'm aware of and
worked closely with the likes of RealAir - but again that means
nothing to these ppl.

I note that Dudley has a far more balanced view of simulation than some of
the
more rabid, low-time, small-aircraft pilots on this newsgroup.

Why, because most do not accept the importance simulation plays in your
fantasy life?

Sim worshipers like you and Ibby would find solace on the sim and game
groups, but then you would have to accept reality.