Old August 26th 05, 11:39 PM
Byron Covey

Heavy.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys,

I am thinking a homebuilt aerobatic plane and am asking for your
opinion on my idea:

The fuselage is of course 4130 steel tubes welded frame.
The point is the wing: I am thinking about using exact the same
Long-EZ's wings technique, i.e. solid form core+fiber glass cover. Why?
Because I think 1)It's much easier and faster to build than other
materials, no expensive mold, no metal forming, no thousands rivets, no
wood cut and making rib afer rib after rib after rib. 2)The Long-EZ
wing is strong. I read Burt Rutan tested the wing structure to 14G and
heard some builders tested the wing to 10G themselves, no failures. The
wings of Cory Bird's Symmetry are made in Long-EZ way and it's +-10G
strong.

So what you think? Is it a good idea to make an aerobatic airplane's
wings in Long-EZ way?