Old April 17th 05, 06:14 PM
Bob Gardner

The definition of "cross country" you are looking for is found in 61.1.

Bob Gardner

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
ink.net...
I would like to use a flight I took two years ago to show I've satisfied
the
"Long Cross Country" requirement for my Commercial ticket. On that
flight,
I flew from SMO to O22 (259NM), then to (124NM) in one day, then turned
around several days later and flew back - CIC to SZP (353 NM) to SMO
(36NM),
again in a single day.

After reading the official requirement (see below), I think I have it.
Note
that it doesn't indicate that the flight needs to be done in a single day.
But then, one could argue then that any "flight" that includes a single
leg
of over 250NM would qualify.... Go figure!

Is there anywhere in the regs where it defines what "Cross-Country" flight
means? Here is the requirement for the "Long Cross-Country" flight for
the
Commercial rating (FAR (§61.109.a.4.i):

"One cross-country flight of not less than 300 nautical miles total
distance, with landings at a minimum of three points, one of which is a
straight-line distance of at least 250 nautical miles from the original
departure point. However, if this requirement is being met in Hawaii, the
longest segment need only have a straight-line distance of at least 150
nautical miles; and " [...],

So, the questions remaining a

1.) Do the "three landings" have to be done in one day?

2.) Is there any "recency" requirement for this - e.g. does this trip not
count because it was taken almost two years ago?

3.) Are there other reasons that I can't use this flight that I'm not even
aware of??

Here are the details about the flight I am hoping fulfills this
requirement
for me:

July 25, 2003:

SMO = O22 (259 NM)