Old June 30th 04, 08:44 PM
Cy Galley

Carbon track in the mag distributor?

--
Cy Galley - Chair, Emergency Aircraft Repair
Safety Programs Editor - TC
EAA Sport Pilot

"nauga" wrote in message
news
Update:

New harness installed today. Same problem,
#3 doesn't fire on the right mag, whether
it's on the top or bottom plug. Runs like a
top on the left mag, top or bottom plug.
I'm going to try to get a new mag ASAP,
but Unison said they're usually all or nothing,
that it's not likely the mag would miss a single
cylinder. I've gotten plenty of local help, and
everyone here thinks it's the mag but not a
common failure, especially in one so new.
If it's *not* the mag, we're all at a loss
for ideas.

So much for flying the time off and taking it to
CA anytime soon.

Any bright ideas?

Dave 'sparky' Hyde