Old October 4th 11, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen[_3_]

Default Applying New Seals

On Oct 3, 6:33*pm, Randy wrote:
I am planning to place an order for control seals and tape to reseal
my glider (304CZ). For those of you who have recently done this to
your glider, what can you share to make this an easier job for me
to do?
Are there any special technics or tools required?
Any additional sealing information would be very much appreciated.

Randy

N304BU

I got the material from W&W. Clean off all the old seal residue.
Install in 90 degree heated hanger. Put a surface thermometer on the
wing to ensure the fiberglass is 90degrees. Now have someone run a
heat gun ahead of the second person applying the dbl sided tape
heating the fiberglass surface. Do the same for when applying the
mylar. It takes good heat for the chemicals in the dbl seal tape to
make a good bond. then apply the transfer tape. Works good last
long time.. I might have some pics if you want them.. S9