Old October 27th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
OP

Default Guillows Balsa Co. enters LSA market

On 26 Oct 2006 06:41:38 -0700, "Kingfish"
wrote:

Read this on AvWeb today - About 1/3 down the page just after the FAA
JetBlue reprimand story. This is what one does with "a lot" of free
time... I was amused by the plane moving 6 feet backwards. Do ya
suppose they just wound the prop the wrong way? LOL

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#193552

Actually, reading the full article and the referenced article on
"The Register" web site, I doubt he ever intended to fly the thing.
I mean... built of pine and fabric covered??? Powered by bungee
cords??? Even WAGing it from here, it wouldn't work. I think it
was more of an "Art" project, with someone else's money since it
went to an "Art Museum" after that first attempt.

There was a serious project to build and fly a man carrying rubber
band powered airplane that was researched and financed by the
builders. I first saw it in progress at the Van Nuys California
airport. It wasn't finished then and the last I heard they had
ground tested the rubber band motor, but hadn't flown yet. That was
over a year ago and I lost track of them. They are no longer at Van
Nuys Airport. Has anyone heard anything lately?

Ron Kelley