Old March 20th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Garmin 396 Replacement Antennas

Interesting. My Garmin 196 immediately loses all satellites as soon as
I tune the ASOS freq at one of my local airports, 119.275 at KTHV.
It's the only freq I have found where that happens. I have a Narco Com
810.

109.5 on the Nav side will instantly kill the Garmin. Transmitting on
123.0 will show all sats marching down to zero in about 5-6 seconds. I
saw a list someone published that had all the freqs that cause problems
and I see those 2 are on it.

But, I still lose sat lock even with the master and all radios turned off.

Mike