Old December 27th 19, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI ratifies records of illegal flights.

Hey its great they were granted the record, as someone said, more power to them. I hope I can get the same minor consideration on a record flight.

Years ago I missed out on my diamond goal by 1/8 of a mile in a low performance machine. I made all my turnpoints, the pictures were good, but my OO was a wonderfull old minden soaring legend by the name of Marcel Goudinat. Being german, everything he did was with german precision. When he measured off my declaration (pre gps days) on the sectional, he told me I was 1/8 mile short. It did’nt matter that I had probably flown an extra 20 miles that day working around areas of OD, I was still deemed to be short lol.