Old July 13th 03, 05:32 PM
Craig

Big John wrote in message news:d

The wing on theT-28 'A' model met specs but was not supper strong. (I
did some of the service test on it). We had to watch students or they
would wrinkle the wing when out solo. Was 'your' bird a 'A' or 'B'?
Probably a 'B' (Navy version)? I've seen very few 'A's' in the
civilian market. That two bladed Aero Products Prop and 7 Cyl 900 HP
engine on 'A' was a bummer.

This one started life as a B model. Had the big engine and the three
blade prop, tall canopy. Had a documented histroy with the Blue
Angles, but the owner *just had to have* it painted up in Lexington
colors and markings...
The bird strike was right between ribs 3 and 4 or 4 and 5 on the right
wing. Never could figure out how it got through the prop without
touching it....Only thing we couldn't fix at the time was the phenolic
tube that ran out the wing in front of the spar. Last time I saw the
airplane, and that's been a few years, you could still get a whiff of
stentch in the cockpit after it had been closed up for a few days.

BTW..what part of Astro city are you in? I lived out where Beltway 8
is now. West Belt road was the western city limit when we moved there
in '65.

Craig C.