Old June 22nd 04, 07:40 AM
Ramy Yanetz

I'll add couple more questions:

1 - How does one electronically declare a task with post declared start and
finish (such as 1000km diploma where the start and finish do not need to be
declared) without the logger automatically assign the first and last
turnpoints as start/finish?
2 - Can a flight considered valid for FAI badges or records if the power is
temporarily interrupted (which results in 2 log files)?

Thanks,

Ramy Yanetz

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
tango4 wrote:

2 questions folks.

1 - How does one declared a free distance task electronically?
Declare takeoff and (possible) landing points only?

No declaration required: tow release would be the start; landing the
finish. A motorglider is a bit different.

2 - If a declaration of any task is made electronically and the logger

is
sealed in the glider does the declaration still need to be refreshed

every
day to include the date of the flight or will one declaration cover

several
days of flying?

THe declaration has to be made before you take off, and there is no time
limit on how long before. I often have a declaration that is a month or
more old.

I'm thinking of a situation where you are away from OO's for a period.

You still need witnesses at the start and finish, though in the case of
a distance flight, the witnesses don't necessarily have to see the

landing.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA