Old November 21st 05, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cardinal 177A 1968 advice

Fly approaches a little faster!

Nice plane with the NACA airfoil, but forgiving when flown slow.

wrote:
Hello there,

I am considering the purchase of a Cardinal 177A with low frame and
engine times, nice gps and slaved HSI. It has had 2 accidents, one in
2003 requiring major work to everything in front of and including the
firewall. I have flown the plane and it feels heavier on the landings
with more stick pressure required than in the 172`s I have flown but
otherwise OK. I have heard that this early model Cardinal has tail
stall issues and that one should not fill her up to the max permitted
gross weight on warm days. I would be flying alone 95% of the time and
in Canada where we only have cold days.

Any thoughts by owners on this plane?

Tien, CP