Old June 1st 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Alaska Senator Supports User Fees For All EXCEPT Alaska Pilots

"NW_Pilot" wrote:
If this happens we all will protest by registering our birds in AK and
grabbing a AK address for our pilots certificate's

But the exemption appears to be only for intrastate flights within Alaska.
What is interesting is that Stevens not only got the user fee exemption,
where the original bill had funding _cuts_ to Alaskan airports, he got the
bill changed so it _increases_ funding to Alaskan airports.

Stevens is a master at pork barrel politics. See for example this classic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravina_Island_Bridge