Old February 24th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Traffic Awareness and Collision Avoidance Talks at the SSA Convention

I know folks can't get enough of Traffic Awareness and Collision Avoidance and ADS-B information :-)

At the SSA Convention next week John Roper marketing manager from Trig is going to be talking about ADS-B and especially the Trig TN72 low-cost ADS-B/TABS GPS source that there has been a lot of discussion about on r.a.s. in the past.

I'm also giving a talk with Larry Cheek from the FAA Reno FSDO that will include an overview of collision avoidance and traffic awareness technology options.

ADS-B (OSTIV Track)
---------------------
Thursday, March 1, 2018 10:00 am - 10:45 am Convention Center Room A1
Jon Roper

Come to Trig’s ADS-B seminar to understand the regulation and practical aspects of installing ADS-B technology in your sailplane. This includes the latest and highly affordable TN72 TABS GPS technology, designed to work with Trig transponders.

Trig Avionics has a proven track record in lightweight and highly compact transponder and radio solutions. Presenter Jon Roper is the Marketing Manager at Trig, a pilot who started his flying in gliders and has worked in both military and general aviation sectors.

Review of Glider Accidents and Collision Avoidance Technology
Thursday, March 1, 2018 11:00 am - 11:45 am Convention Center Room A3
Larry Cheek and Darryl Ramm

In this two part talk we will review glider accidents and because midair collisions are a factor we will also look at traffic awareness and collision avoidance technology.

We will talk about overall glider accidents in the United States with emphasis on the fatal accidents and a recap of those in the Reno Area including mid-air collisions and near misses.

Traffic awareness and collision avoidance technology can help improve safety for glider pilots. Unfortunately different threat scenarios require different technology. We will take a high-level look at possible technology use in example risk scenarios including glider collisions with airliners and fast jets, military transport and tactical aircraft, general aviation aircraft and other gliders.