Old October 29th 03, 08:23 AM
Craig

"Steve" wrote in message . ..
Right now, I am currently in school to get my AME licence. The college I am
at is looking to get rid of a Cessna AgWagon airframe (full control, partial
intrumentation, great condition). Since restoration is the niche I want to
get into, I was wondering if the AgWagon is a bit too complicated for a
rookie like me.

Unless you can get it for little more than pocket change, it's a poor
bird to start with. Not that it is very complicated or hard to
restore, but the marketability won't be very good. There are plenty of
other a/c out there that need restoration and will sell when
completed. Take a few issues of TAP and browse through the listings
and get a realistic idea of what flying aircraft are worth, noting how
they are equiped on average. Keep your eyes peeled for something like
a Pacer/Tri-Pacer project or a Colt or maybe a Cessna
120/140/15/152/170/172/175 or the like, depending on how much metal
working you want to do.

If you want some ideas on time and expenses to do restorations, drop
me a note at the email address below and I'll give you some average
numbers from our experience.

Craig C.