Old October 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Frank Stutzman

Default GNS430 Restore Defaults?

Stan Prevost wrote:
My new airplane has dual GNS430s, and I would like to start out with a clean
slate on them.

Is there a way to reset the entire unit to factory defaults, clearing all
flight plans and user waypoints at the same time?

First of all, listen to what Karl said in the previous post. Mucking around in this fashion
may not be what you want to do. But to answer the question...

If I remember correctly, Press and hold the 'clear' button while turning the unit on.

Pressing and holding 'enter' button while powering on gets you to the hardware setup pages that
allows you to change all sorts things that Garmin, your avionics shop and your wallet wished
you didn't touch.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"